the ramblings of my journey through life, following my passion and enjoying the adventure

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

oat bastille soap

Although bubbles are so good, I love a soap that has more of a creamy lather and can quite happily forgo a bar of soap that has a needless abundance of bubbles, especially for a facial bar.

As we all know, a Castille Soap, although very creamy can feel somewhat slimy (an acquired liking for some). And thats where a Bastille Soap steps up to the plate and is more to my liking.

oat bastille soap

With a minimum of 70% olive oil for its gentle cleansing properties, it allows a soapmaker to have more play with the qualities of the finished soap with the remaining 30% blend of oils.

oat bastille soap
 Although not scented with any essential or fragrance oils, the added oatmilk and colloidal oats imparts a subtle fragrance. The verdict is still anxiously awaited on whether the Kaolin clay which was added on the spur of the moment will be a future additive.

Which is your preference, a Castille or Bastille soap?

Greetings from Cape Town
x Cynthia x


  1. I so love the look of these soaps Cynthia!! I have made only two batches of Castile soap and every time I think...never again. They are quite mild and all, but I really can't stand how slimy they can get. I do plan to try out a Bastile sometime. Who ever coined the name...LOL!!

  2. I'm with Nitya on that one, I don't like the slimy castile soap either. I prefer Bastile, indeed just for the freedom you have with the other oils.
    Great looking soap again!

  3. Thanks ladies, bastille for me too and I like the clay in there!

  4. Love this Bastille soap, it's gorgeous!

  5. Cynthia, your pictures are gorgeous! Ones of the most beautiful soap pictures!

  6. Highly descгiρtive ροst, I lіked that bіt.
    Wіll there be a part 2?

    Alsο visit my web page: big green egg buying tips

  7. Thanks in favor οf ѕharing such a nice
    thοught, paragгaph іѕ good,
    thats ωhy i have гeaԁ іt comρlеtеlу

    my homeрage - tens machines for sale

  8. Wonderful blog! Do you hаvе any tiρs fоr аѕpiгing wгiterѕ?
    I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a littlе lost
    οn everythіng. Would you advіse staгting ωith a free platfοrm lіκе
    Wοгdрress or go fοr a paid oрtiоn?
    Τherе arе sο manу oρtions οut therе that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

    Also visit my web site: taxi service irving

  9. Hi Cynthia,is true that a castile soap is too slimy,in my family this soap has been done always, since i remember.. but i don´t like that tacky, but i love that creamy. So i like your bastille, i prefer it.
    A good Castile soap has a long cure, at least 9 month. I think Bastile not need that long, i want to try, I think my next will be a Bastille with white klay and oatmilk!!. Hugs from the forest ❀ Silvia.

  10. Hello Cynthia,
    I also prefer soaps, which aren't too slimy. The combination with olive oil, oatmilk and oats sounds good. I only used oatmilk and oats with another combo of oils.